Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

I performed "Mud Offerings" at the MALCS (Mujeres Activas en Letras y Cambio Social) Summer Institute at California State University, Los Angeles, on Friday, August 5; I was able to make the trek to LA thanks to the generous, generous support of Kickstarter project backers!  For more details about how it all went, click here.  And for much silliness, my karaoke thank-you videos to Kickstarter backers, check out "Karoke is Goodnow."

And then, the very next week, I accepted the Jane Chambers Playwriting Award at the ATHE (Association of Theatre in Higher Education) Conference in Chicago, Illinois, and got to perform "Mud Offerings" there, too!  There should be some clips of me talking about the play and about playwriting coming out soon on ATHE's YouTube channel; I'll let you know...

I'm so pleased, so proud, and so very, very grateful to exist in such a supportive community, and to all the folks (there are many!) who have helped me to develop "Mud Offerings!"  To name a few: Dino Foxx, kt shorb, Ana Lara, Adelina Anthony, and all the women of the Austin Project.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment